Thursday, April 9, 2009

When Life Gives You Lemons...

Or more accurately, when your mature, well fertilized lemon tree gives you tons of lemons... You pick and pick and pick. And then you juice and juice and juice. Alan and I juiced 40 quarts of lemon juice. We gave away at least 100 lemons to our neighbors and family and made several pitchers of lemonade for the girls to sell on the street.Courtney and Morgan starting on the low branches. Nicole with one basket of lemons.
Morgan

CourtneyNicole and her friend Andrea made eight dollars in about 20 minutes. Then I got tired of making the lemonade and made them shut their stand down. But they were so cute selling it.
Got any really good lemon recipes?





8 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, can't wait until our tree produces more lemons. We got a couple boxes full this winter. I love to juice and freeze it too.
Love the pic of you softball senoritas! FUN times! I did go and check out Julie's blog too.

jmemmott said...

I'm jealous! I love lemons! I made Martha Stewart's--Lime Melt-a-ways. I bet they would be good with lemon instead of limes.

Varney Family said...

We love fresh lemons at our house!!! What great pictures. Yellow is my favorite color!

Suzerino said...

Orange is a very intimidating color, but yellow is my favorite...if you need someone to take lemons off your hand..I will always be willing to share your wealth.. :)

jt said...

Nice to meet you in person today! fun to see the blog faces in real life. One of my favorite lemon cake recipes from Ina Garten: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/lemon-cake-recipe/index.html

Annie R said...

Got a yummy lemon nut bread recipe and "French Cream" recipe. You'll have to say if it's really "French"!! Just let me know if you want some recipes. I have several since lemons are a favorite! Love you! Cute photos! xoxo

Kelly said...

I LOVE lemonade! How fun! My mom said Nicole is getting baptized mothers day weekend. :) yeah, so now my mom is coming here. We would love to be there if ya want us too. :)

The Black Family said...

that is so cute! my kids always want to set up a lemonade stand and I keep telling them, no one drives down our road!