Tuesday, May 11, 2010

{5-13} MofM J is for Job Title

I am a wife, a mom, a cook, a maid, a driver and dispute solver.  Mostly I'm the one who is supposed to know everything and know where everything is.  

When I was in High School I worked at Taco Bell.  Good Times.  It was before value menus - but I taught lessons to all of my high school friends on what to order to get a bang for a buck. Does anyone remember Taco Light or the meals that came on divided paper, cafeteria-like trays?

After high school but still back in the day -  I was a corporate meeting planner.  It was so long ago that we didn't have the internet.  I worked with a travel agent and planned sales meetings and conventions for all of the salesmen and executives of a large chemical manufacturer.  I traveled to great places like Atlanta, Hilton Head Island and Chicago to work out hotel accommodations, display places etc...  I loved that job.  I did it before and after my mission for the same company.  They were great to me.  I received lovely wedding gifts from many of the executives and the company even payed for our hotel near the airport the night we were married so we could catch our early flight to Mexico. 

Then I found out I was having twins and wondered if I would ever work again.  What was I thinking?  I have not worked out of my home since - but boy, have I worked.  Above my front door is sign quoting the Prophet Harold B. Lee that says - "The most important work we will ever do is within the walls of our own home."  This thing that I am doing now is the most rewarding job I have ever had. 

No comments: