Thursday, August 7, 2008

I Want to Move to Greece

Look at this beach!
I want to live here and swim in the ocean every day.
I would eat olives and feta cheese and pita bread.
I would yell OPA! Whenever I broke something.
I would jog in the sand and think of the Chariots of Fire music.


I went and saw Mamma Mia last night with my friends Pam, Deana, Heather and Shannon.


I know everyone else saw it two weeks ago but we were busy.


It was worth the wait.


I already knew I like the music.
Who doesn't love ABBA?


Those songs brought back so many memories.


I remember being in Oklahoma at my Grandma's ranch, sitting
in my cousin's station wagon. They were from Dallas and they were the only
girl cousins I really had.
We would sit in their station wagon and listen to their ABBA eight tracks.


(please don't with the old lady jokes)


They were older than me and I thought they were so cool with their Texas accents and their deodorant.


Not just any deodorant but the awesome Tickle deodorant with the colorful lids.
That deodorant was the perfect microphone.
I loved the song I Have a Dream.
It was sung in the movie by Sophie played by this darling girl, Amanda Seyfried.
But let's be honest.
The whole move was all about Pierce Brosnin for me.
He is so handsome.
James Bond, Thomas Crown, Remington Steele. Hello? He is beautiful.
He wasn't the greatest singer.
But looking at him made it all okay.
I really loved the movie. All of it.
He may have been my favorite part.
Let's see another picture.

Okay, back to the music.

If I can't get Alan and another couple to dress up like Abba for Halloween, then I am going to force two of my friends to dress up like Donna and the Dynamos with me.

I couldn't find any pictures of them from the movie but I found this awesome shot of them from the play.

At the end of the movie, Donna and the Dynamos bust out with Dancing Queen.

That was all the cue we needed.

Led by Deana, a true dancing queen, we stood and danced for everyone in the theater.

People laughed but then some stood and joined us.

It was awesome.

Speaking of awesome.

While looking for pictures for this post. I ran across several from the movie premiere.

Colin Firth is in the movie as well.

His wife wore a yellow smiley face dress to the premiere.

Just in case you were looking for a Halloween costume too.


9 comments:

Varney Family said...

Breanna, Juliet and Jan Ericka went with me to see it last week :) We totally loved it and wanted to get up and dance but were too shy...didn't you love the men when they came out at the end with their own outfits?! Go Mamma Go!

Margaret said...

That dress is wild! Was the song "Don't Worry Be Happy" playing in the background too!

I want to see this movie soon!☺

Heather said...

I want to move to GREECE too!!! So beautiful, could you imagine!
That was SO fun dancin' at the end. That couple in the front sure missed a great show!
Have fun camping!!

Eric and Breanna Graham said...

If you move there, I'm taggin' along. I've seen it twice now and LOVED it! Can't wait to own it. It's just a feel good movie.

Pam said...

Sweet review Jo. It was so fun and I just smiled through the whole movie(and sang). Jon laughed at me when I told him we danced for everyone at the end of the movie. I'm pretty sure we were the best part of the movie for everyone else in the theater :)
I'm all about the halloween costumes that would be so awesome. We could even have a number ready and break into song for everyone.
I will not deny you Pierce was a hotty!
And Greece can you even imagine! Girls trip anyone!!!

Jan said...

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the movie, sooooo funny. I have to agree Pierce is pretty pleasing to the eyes! Although, I was totally waiting for him to break out with gun shooting in his solo part over dinner, hee hee.
I Would have paid to see you guys break out in song and dance!

One Sassy Mama said...

Ooh--I am feeling like the unpopular nerd here--but I did not have a great love for the movie! I did love it a couple of years ago when I saw it on stage. But, I struggled watching Pierce with his un-Bondlike singing voice. He sounded like a drunken lounge singer to me. Painful! Why couldn't they have done a voice over? As a rule, I totally heart Pierce! But, alas--not in this movie!

I did like the rest of the movie--the ladies were fab, the music was fab, the island was so fab that I'd like to go there someday too--as long as Pierce isn't singing in the background--hehe.

Beeswax said...

As I watched the movie, I kept thinking of your type 2 embarressment. I had it pretty bad for meryl and pierce, but my poor sister Jen actually closed her eyes and moaned for them. It looked like she might crawl under the seat. At one point I yelled at the screen, "no, James, no! Just stop. Stop singing!" Loved COlin tho. Always love colin.

I liked the campiness, and the silliness, but I think there were some casting problems. Why couldn't they get Madonna for main character? She can sing, dance, and is very believable as a trampy sort.

LOVED the part with the boys dancing before bachelor party.
Jake might be talked into dressing up like abba. He's a big fan.

Unknown said...

Loved this movie! I was dancing in my seat, but didn't think about jumping up and dancing in theater. I'll have to try that. And yeah, I want to vacation in Greece! Not live there, but definitely vacation.