Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I've Been Tagged


Twice! Once by someone I don't know - and then again yesterday by Jennifer. I've been thinking about this. I don't know if I can think of seven random things that I have not already shared here on my embarrassing blog! You already know that I secretly want to go on Amazing Race and that I hadn't cleaned my fridge in a long time before last week.

But I am going to try real hard to do this. And then I am going to have to try real hard to pass this on to seven people. I guess if you follow the rules - particularly number 3 over there - I should tag seven RANDOM people, I guess that is how I got tagged the first time. But because I am a chicken I will tag people I know.

ONE
.
About three years ago, I turned the t.v. on at 9:00 in the morning and on TBS they were showing Dawson's Creek. I had never watched that show before so I stayed tuned in to see what all of the hubbub was about. During a commercial break the announcer said that it was the premiere episode of the show. I tuned in everyday and watched the entire series over the course of a few months. It was my dirty secret - I was addicted to a teen-angst drama! I recorded it if I wasn't going to be home. I had to know if Joey was going to end up with Dawson or Pacey! It ended with the finale which was a few years after college and every one was settled in to their adult lives. Want to know who she ended up with? The answer is in white - highlight it for the secret! PACEY!!! And I was glad too!

TWO.

I love my suburban in a way that is unnatural for a woman to love an over sized SUV. I wish for a new one with less miles but I don't want to change a thing from my old one - except maybe the dent in the front drivers side panel from where I ran in to the ordering thing in a Sonic stall. Here are all of the cars I have owned: 1985 when I got my license I inherited a green 1971 Chevy Blazer that had a big rust hole in the side, no seat belts and no back seat. When it died I drove my mom's Pontiac Catalina until she got a new Dodge Colt. When I graduated High School my dad bought me a used Chevy Malibu (I couldn't find a picture of one) and told me I could keep it or trade it in as a down payment on a new car. I promptly drove that Malibu to Honda Cars of Mesa (closed on Sundays by the way) and got a brand new yellow CRX SI with a sun roof! I loved that car - and I paid it off in three years. And then sold it to go on a mission. When I came home, I bought another new Honda - a scaled down civic. Shortly after Alan and I got married we sold the civic to his sister and I got a Chevy S10 Blazer. After the twins were born and we couldn't afford two car payments we sold it and I didn't have a car. Then we bought a used Ford Aerostar with no rear air! Our next van was an Oldsmobile Silhouette that I totaled in 2003 and the settlement allowed us to purchase my beloved Suburban!

THREE.

I like to eat raw lemons with salt.

FOUR
.
I love books on CD. I drive a lot each day so I love to listen to a good book. I can plug headphones into the console between the two front seats and listen to the book while the kids are listening to Radio Disney or whatever. It is not unusual for my kids to find me sitting in the garage crying my eyes out listening to the end of my book.

FIVE.

I LOVE my brothers and sisters. My brothers make me laugh so much. We have so much fun when we are together. If I am ever in a "mood" I can just think of so many funny things about my brothers and it fixes everything. My little brother, Jeremy, and I had a blast growing up. We were constantly plotting against, running from and tattling on our older brothers. His one-line e-mails crack me up and sometimes I think he "gets me" when no one else does. And he introduced me to my wonderful husband!

SIX.

I taught my self to play the piano. I knew how to read notes because I had an awesome music teacher in elementary school who made us learn how to read treble and bass scales and because I played the clarinet in the band. My parents bought us a real piano when I was in 7th grade and my dad said if I could teach myself to play hymns, he wouldn't make me have lessons. I learned how to play hymns. Unfortunately I haven't improved much. (I practically stole this one from Jennifer - when I read her number 3 - I thought - hey! me too!)

SEVEN.

I hate cleaning, I love a Sonic burger with green chiles, my favorite color is red, I love toile prints, I secretly love the pop cds my kids buy, I don't love wearing jewelry, I do love really high heels, the back of my neck is SUPER sensitive, I can't stand maple frosted doughnuts, I sort-of collect Eiffel Towers and Santas, I keep a journal just of restaurants that I eat in, I love sushi, I can't stop buying purses and everything I do - I do for my FAITH, FAMILY and FRIENDS!!
I am tagging:

2 comments:

Amber said...

How funny! I don't know you either, but I thought it was supposed to be random, (the person who tagged me is also someone I don't know!) so I just clicked, "Next" and there you were! That's how I tagged you!

Yours was fun to read. I didn't go into depth on mine...may

Jenny-ology said...

This gives more insight into everyday Jolene :) I can't believe you have the same piano story as mine. Eiffel towers, that sounds like a good idea to collect.