Tuesday, November 27, 2007

What a Way to Spoil a Nice Weekend

I am fired up right now. I wanted to report on the wonderful holiday weekend. It really was a wonderful one for us. Alan's sister, her husband and four kids came down and it was so great to have them. The kids were just having a blast together and tears were shed when they drove away Sunday morning. But on Saturday afternoon my brother and his kids were involved in an accident on their ATV. They are all fine - my brother has a broken hip but none of the kids were seriously hurt.

That is not why I am fired up. I am fired up because I used to trust the news. I love watching the news and I have always believed that they report the facts. I know that some stations are terribly biased with politics etc... BUT I figured with local news they would at least try to get their facts straight. This is not the case. Do not be fooled by what you see and hear on TV. The reporting on the accident has been so out of control. The recognizable truths in the story are getting fainter and fainter. One station reports with a few made up facts and the rest of the stations repeat it with their own mistakes added. A whole hour was devoted to this "story" on a local talk radio station yesterday.

I know this is a downer - this is terrible but I hope something big happens in the world or in our valley so that something really news worthy can be discussed. Then I can go back to blogging about good times, my messy house and my crazy kids.

2 comments:

Beeswax said...

I haven't seen anything about it, but I don't watch the news very much. And if I let the local news stay on for more than 30 seconds, Jake leaves the room. He hates it. My cousin Melanie was an anchor in Idaho, then she worked as a writer here at Channel 15. She said she wanted to start a business as a liaison between people (in the news stories)and the news media. Sort of a PR lady. Instead she has 4 kids and lives in Desert Valley ward. But you should call her if anything like this ever happens again.

Randi said...

Hey Jolene! We miss you guys in the ward. I especially miss your sunday school lessons. I was hoping they would keep you in that calling forever. I am working on my TAG, it is a lot harder than I thought to come up with 7 randoms about myself. Hope you guys are enjoying your old/new ward!