Monday, September 22, 2008

Young At Heart

This is not another blog post of me moaning about how old I am. Although, I could totally write one right now. Yesterday at choir practice a friend was complaining about being old, her 2nd daughter is getting married in two months, then she told me she just turned 41. Like I was supposed to feel sorry for her for being "so old". Whatev.




This Young at Heart post is about the most awesome movie that I watched over the weekend. I loved it.

It is a documentary about a choir of senior citizens (the average age is 80) from Massachusetts. They have traveled the world doing shows. They sing rock songs from The Talking Heads, The Clash and James Brown to name a few.


I laughed and I cried. My favorite part was when a former choir member who left after having a heart attack, returned and sang "Fix You" from Coldplay at one of their shows. I bawled my eyes out. He reminded me a lot of my dad.

Do yourself a favor and rent it.

I can't get the trailer to load here on the blog, but you can go here and watch it.

5 comments:

Pam said...

That trailer made me laugh. I love the lady at the end. I think I can can yes I can can...

I will have to add that one to my list of must see movies...

I love older people!

Beeswax said...

We were just looking at that on netflix. Thanks for the review!

One Sassy Mama said...

You know you are young at heart because your kids are younger. Isn't that how it works?

I was feeling old yesterday because Jordyn came home with a handout from YW's that she was supposed to "discuss with her parents". It was about intimacy. Really? For the cute little Beehives? Seriously? Yikes. I don't remember hearing that lesson till I was a laurel.

PS The movie looks hilar.
PPS Conference call? Pick a day.

Renae said...

Great review. We're always looking to rent something without nudity and violence. (there's no elderly nudity....right?! Yikes!)

mary said...

I am so glad you found our blog! We have not seen you guys forever! I can't believe how grown up your kids are! It was so fun to hear from you - I can't wait to keep up with your family through our blogs! We love you guys!