Saturday, September 27, 2008

Continuing Education From Blog Reading

Today while I was reading my blogs I had to Google two things. First while reading this blog, I had to find out what was going on with Kirby Heyborne. Turns out he was in a Miller Lite commercial and people recognized him from his R.M. and Sons of Provo days and made a big stink. I got all involved in reading the comments from one Mormon forum to another. Some people were really fired up about it, others remember Gordon Jump from WKRP playing a drunk and remember that it is just acting.

The most valuable bit of education I got was while reading this post about bras. As has been established here on my blog, I believe in good support for the sisters. So, when this word Wacoal popped up I had to find out what it was. Hallelujah! I am so glad I did. I've got one coming my way via UPS next week! I can't wait.

The internets are full of information people!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So full of useful information! Thank you for the community service!

And as for Kirby, well, it's sad, but not that unusual. Like you say, he's acting, and he probably has bills to pay just like everybody else. At least he didn't actually take a drink.

(By the by, I have a family member who is a graphic designer and he had problems when his boss asked him to design a package of cigarettes. He quit his job.)

gina said...

I let Lance shadow our student, which allowed me to dodge it two years in a row. I thought the Kirby thing was one of those Mormon urban legends, but I guess not. I even told my kids they were crazy when they said they saw it...I guess I better apologize...lol.