Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Tasty Tuesday - Yogurt Chicken

I am putting this together for my food group this afternoon. We had it last night - it is a favorite at our house. I got this recipe from the cooks at Girl's camp.

Yogurt Chicken
Ingredients:

4 chicken breasts (slice in large slices - 4 or 5 to a breast)
1 sleeve Ritz crackers crushed
8 oz plain yogurt
2 Tbls Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
1 Tbls seasoning salt (or other seasoning you like)

Add cheese and seasoning to cracker crumbs. Dip the chicken in the yogurt to cover completely.
Then dip the chicken in the crumb mixture to coat well. (I use plates - one with the yogurt and one with the crumbs - then you can have one messy yogurt hand and the other relatively clean with the crumbs) Place on cookie sheet and drizzle with 1/4 c. melted butter. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

Last night I served it with cooked squash and fruit salad - I am taking a green salad to food group this afternoon. I will give them a mixture of greens, slivered almonds, cooked and crumbled bacon, sliced strawberries and croutons. I will also give them a small jar of this simple, yummy homemade dressing or they can use whatever dressing they love.

Simple Salad Dressing
Ingredients

3 Tbls lemon juice
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
3 cloves of crushed garlic
1/2 cup canola or olive oil

Blend lemon juice, salt, pepper and garlic together at high speed in a blender. Slowly add oil.

So yummy and fresh tasting. I am hungry!!

3 comments:

One Sassy Mama said...

You are so magical to me. This sounds delicious!
My sis wants to do a dinner group with me - only every Monday we would meet at Walmart - shop for the exact same ingredients - and bake all day till the meals for the week were finished.
I'm still deciding if I want to do that - I mean if I'm going to go to that much effort wouldn't it just be easier to do it for my own self at my own house? I guess there could be some fun sisterly bonding. Maybe I'm just too lazy for a dinner group.
Nic

Jolene said...

I promis you Nic - that you would love a food group like mine. Very little effort on my part - great returns!! I don't mind spending one afternoon piecing together three extra dinners then not having to worry about dinner the rest of the week. Just those three days of know what we are going to have are great. And we have loved trying all sorts of different things!

Rhonda said...

I am Totally making this next week. Sounds dee-lish!