I decided not to quit on the post-a-day thing. I hope nobody's sorry.
I love to watch movies while I fold mounds and mounds of laundry each week. Sometimes I go to the Redbox and find something new or I pull out one of my old standards. Here is my list of my top ten movies to re-watch while folding laundry. You will see that I have a very shallow, escapist pattern to my movie watching. In no particular order:
1. The Holiday - I watched this one today. I really love how cute Jude Law is in this movie. In fact I love, love, love Jack Black and Kate Winslet in it as well. Cameron Diaz is truly awful - but she is in every movie she is in - so she is easy to ignore. She is easy to ignore especially when you are caught up in Jude Law's beautiful blue eyes.
2. Ever After - Truly a classic. My husband can not stand Drew Barrymore and he will watch this with me - living through her terrible fake accent. I just love it - I love to say Danielle de Barbarac and Nicole de Loncrae over and over in best French accent. Every time Danielle asks her evil stepmother if there was ever a time when she loved her in even the smallest way and Anjelica Houston says, "how can one love a pebble in one's shoe?" it makes my heart hurt.
3. Nacho Libre - To sum up how we feel about this movie at our house I will tell you a true story. Our little Nicole found out that her Grandma and Grandpa had never seen Nacho Libre and she told them "you can't even know what our family is about if you don't watch Nacho!"
4. The Princess Bride - Is there any woman who dated in the 80s who doesn't love this movie? Who didn't have a crush on Wesley? Who can't say "no more rhymes and I mean it" without saying "any body want a peanut"?
5. Return to Me - I love this sappy romance. I love David Duchovny and Minnie Driver - but I love Bonnie Hunt and Jim Belushi even more. It is such a feel good movie with very good advice "don't shave your legs on the first date".
6. Signs - Yes, the M. Night Shyamalan movie. I really do love all of his movies (haven't seen the new rated R one) but this is my favorite. I love how it all comes together at the end. I love the Mel Gibson, Joaquin Phoenix as brothers relationship.
7. Hope Floats - I love anything with Harry Connick Jr. Even when he played that killer in that Copycat movie - he is so cute!
8. Radio - Cuba Gooding Jr. is so great as the mentally challenged boy in this show. I do enjoy a lot of sports movies like Glory Road and Remember the Titans but this is my favorite of all.
9. Oh Brother, Where Are Thou? - Every time I watch this I catch something new. George Clooney is classic in this movie and no other movie has inspired me to listen to Blue Grass or any other "country" music. I love the Soggy Bottom Boys! I really want to buy the soundtrack so I can learn the words to the lullaby that the naked ladies sing down by the river "Don't Leave Nobody But the Baby".
10. Memoirs of A Geisha - Of course I loved the book so much more than the movie - but the movie is so beautiful. I just can't get enough of the beautiful colors of the kimonos and the vivid imagery of Japan during this time.
Honorable Mentions: 27 Dresses - during one Women's Conference weekend, we watched this movie 4 or 5 times. Mamma Mia - I only saw it the one time in the theater but I am sure that when it comes out on DVD it will be one that shares my laundry days. Enchanted, Penelope and Aladdin are the movies that my kids watch that will draw me in to the Family Room to see a little part or to sing along.
What are some of your movies to watch over and over? Do you hate mine?