Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Monday Post, Tuesday Edition

I will get caught up because I want to share some pictures from the wedding yesterday. Will you all be offended if I post a slightly off-color picture of my cleavage? (I was trying to be like my niece wearing her very revealing wedding dress) I need to know before I post the pictures.

Today for my Food Group dinner I made Chicken Cream Cheese Soup. It is delicious and easy to make. I gave everyone this bread mix to make and eat with the soup. This Hawaiian bread is so yummy - I don't have a bread machine so I just make it in the oven - it is more work but so worth it!

Here is the recipe for the soup for one family:

Ingredients:
2 Chicken breasts, diced
1/2 onion, diced
2 Tbs. butter

2 - 3 potatoes, diced
2 - 3 carrots, sliced
3 cups chicken broth
salt, pepper and garlic to taste

1 cup milk
1 8oz package of cream cheese (cubed if you use the brick, I use a tub of chive and onion spreadable cream cheese = more tasty goodness)

Directions:

Cook chicken and onion in butter until onion is completely clear and chicken is cooked through. Add vegetables, broth and seasoning - simmer until veggies are done.
Add milk, cream cheese and cook until cheese is melted.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

YUM! I can't wait to try it :)

Julie said...

I wouldn't be offended at all. And the recipe sounds yummy!!